Stu Mitchell Secare ( Number 522) Fully refurbished(ANOTHER PRICE DROP)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Griffo32

Apr 6, 2010
Southampton
Stu Mitchell Secare ( Number 522) Fully refurbished​

I have decided to sell the Secare that I bought on here a few months ago. I have another which Stu sold me a about a month ago so this one is available. I sent this back to Stu a few weeks ago and he gave it a full refurb. It is now in perfect condition (like new) (Thanks Stu!)

This comes with a custom Rob Bayley leather sheath that is a perfect fit.

I would like £500, NOW £490, nOW £470, FINAL DROP, NOW £450, Now £440, NOW £430, Now £420, NOW £400 preferably by bank transfer. I will cover the postage.

OVER 18's ONLY!

Last edited:

Griffo32

Apr 6, 2010
Southampton
It is an amazing knife. If I didn't have another I would never sell it. To be honest, I would be happy to keep it anyway so we will see how it goes!

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
If I owned a knife that much money I would not dare use it for fear of loosing it. What do you use it for?.
I have to agree with Joe on this one. Its a great looking tech knife, but for me it would have to be for a collection piece, which is not something I really consider. If I rolled or chipped the edge on it I would be mortified, and to stop myself from damaging it during use I would probably end up doing some harm to myself in the process. But I can't fault how good it looks, it will make a fantastic addition to someone's collection mate!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Griffo32

Apr 6, 2010
Southampton
Hi there, I guess the whole point of a knife like this is that it is something different.Its not a mass produced knife! Many will know that Stu Mitchell is amongst the very best knife makers there is, world wide. Years went into the design and production of the Secare knife and it has been tested in the harshest conditions around the world be experts in the outdoor / survival field. With the greatest respect, I very much doubt any issues such as chipping or rolling the edge would happen however they would be easily rectified by a competent person due to the outstanding quality of the blade.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
A lovely looking knife which I'm fairly confident would be a pleasure to use, yes, I said the word use! I've never really seen the point of "collections" (other than a gamble on something appreciating in value) and am a firm believer in that if a "tool" is designed to do a job then it should. I'd have no hesitation in using this knife for the purpose it was made, even considering its price tag.

Once again, a lovely looking knife but unfortunately as much as I try to convince myself otherwise I know I couldn't do it justice and wouldn't use it enough to warrant the expense :(.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
A lovely looking knife which I'm fairly confident would be a pleasure to use, yes, I said the word use! I've never really seen the point of "collections" (other than a gamble on something appreciating in value) and am a firm believer in that if a "tool" is designed to do a job then it should. I'd have no hesitation in using this knife for the purpose it was made, even considering its price tag.

Once again, a lovely looking knife but unfortunately as much as I try to convince myself otherwise I know I couldn't do it justice and wouldn't use it enough to warrant the expense :(.
Same here Bhod really, but I also don't feel confident I could maintain it in such excellent condition. No disrespect meant to you Griffo, the failings surround my skills and confidence definitely not the knife. Apologies if the comment offended. I really love the knife, but despite all its advantages of design, with my skills definitely being in the amateur spectrum, I couldn't do it justice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know much about what you guys do with a knife like that or what you mean by sharp, but the only use one of us would have for that knife would be whittling wood pegs maybe or cutting leather traces.

We use big knives we sometimes make our self from steel files and the like. (blade several inches long and big comfortable handle). This we use for all our needs such as butchering game skinning/gutting/quartering and so on. The same knifes get used for making traps and many cutting jobs. Bigger jobs we use an axe. We do not use knives like this for working wood. Always use the crooked knife as it works better and is safer to use.

Howeveer I'm sorry you've not sold it. Enjku!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE