Stretching a sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hello all,

I've just finished shaping my first knife handle and because of the way it's shape more evolved than was designed, it doesn't fit the pre-made commercial sheath I bought from Brisa.

Question: is it possible to stretch a preformed sheath, and if so, how? I'm thinking of soaking the sheath and shoving the knife in it? Will I be able to get the knife out again!?

Cheers for any suggestions.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
tape up the knife to keep it dry, soak the sheat in warm water and you would be able to strach it a bit, then just leave it with the knife in to cool. should do it!

Remember to post us some pics of your new knife! ;)

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Cheers T that sounds doable. I'm really quite happy with it for a first effort. The butt is a little oversized and the handle's quite chunky overall but it's very comfortable in the hand and suitable for heavy cutting. It's going to my Dad for Christmas back in Aus to use the farm. Pictures when I can find the USB cable for the camera.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE