strange zebra stackable pots on evil-bay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Tiffin pots. I've seen them on a telly programme before, but can't remember which ones. I don't think they'd have a bushcraft use, but am fully prepared to correct this.

They're used in India, where all the wives make up the husbands hot packed lunch in them. They're then delivered all over by people called Tiffin Wallahs in one of the most efficient delivery services worldwide! I remember being amazed when I saw it, just wish I could remember what it was.

If I find a reference, I'll post it.

Here ya go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabbawala

Reading that, it was probably a BBC documentary I watched. Amazing reading - most of the wallahs are iliterate and there is only one mistake in every 6,000,000 deliveries. If only Royal Mail.....

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
yep tiffin pots they wer on floyds india last night i have a small one that i got after sumone posted a link on here its ideal to maka charcloth apparently (never used it before) but its a nice little container not sure 3 or 5 is as handy as the 2 i have
look at the dimensions carfully they are a lot smaller than you may think

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Not as I recall. I remember that the delivery service was assessed and graded on some system whose name I can't remember and it was far better than DHL or something. And that's when most of the delivery guys are illiterate and use a system of marks and colours to address each box! I'm talking about the Tiffin Wallahs still, not DHL. :lmao:

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I got one of evil bay the other day, and although i didn't have a use for them, when it came, im'e sure they'l be very handy for carrying food an stuff, especially for the price - quality A1.
mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE