Stove Givaway....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom___

Mar 3, 2010
N.Ireland
Sorry Quixoticgeek, all gone for now buddy. I'll try and get some more made up and start another givaway when time permits.

all the best..

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Received my stove, bottle and windshield today.
Must say its very nicely made.
How did you manage to get it to fold in on itself??

Thanks again mate

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Tom___

Mar 3, 2010
N.Ireland
Hi RE8ELD0G, they are made a similar way to the BIOS stoves, using a lathe, ratcheted arbor press and drill press. Hope you get some good use out of it and don't forget, they are made for smaller diameter pots like the mytimug and such.

All the best...!

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
Well, the postie was welcome today, bringing a little package.

First impressions:

In the package is the burner and a nifty fuel bottle (~250ml) with a flip squeezy top.

The burner is the usual pot pressurised burner with all the expected mods; priming wrap, anti cold kill dents in the rim (think minibull designs and you've got the picture). Its been well constructed, is compact, neat and sturdy. The photo here shows it compared to frankenburner #1 (made from a sig bottle clone), compact is certainly not an exagerration. Size wize its ~55mm diameter by ~55mm high and can hold up to about 40ml fuel (15-20ml is fine for getting a good boil on 500ml of cold water).

qot6dl.jpg

The fuel bottle is a nice size, semi clear plastic (so you can see the fuel levels/write your marks on the side). Personally Im not a fan of flip/squeezy tops, but it seems pretty secure, time will tell!

Lighting:

I used bio ethanol (the same fuel i use in trangia burners and my multiple 'frankenburner' projects). Filling is a simple squeeze of fuel into the centre well.

Lighting is easy enough, with a dribble of fuel onto the wick to aid the priming process. However, the first time i tried it, I put a pot on top too quickly and it cold killed, so you *do* need to wait for the jets to settle (~20-30 seconds).

The pot i used was a 14cm diameter jobby with 500ml of cold water, surprisingly the jets were licking around the outside edge of this, but it did boil reasonably fast. I tested this in the shed with the door open, which confirmed what "Tom" already said, a windshield is essential.

msys5t.jpg

Did I mention its bloody well made? oh and fair play to "Toms" flowing locks, all that styling mousse must make for an amazing look! :)

Thanks very much fella.....

Last edited:

Tom___

Mar 3, 2010
N.Ireland
Thanks for the review Ebt...! I hope everyone received their stove OK. Your spot on, I wasn't too sure of the bottles myself until I filled one with meths, turned it upside down and put it in the sink overnight, periodically giving it a shake when passing. It didn't leak at all, but I do have a lot of them and can't test them all, so I hope your milage doesn't vary..!
Have you tried it with a much smaller diameter pot yet?

All the best...!
Alan

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Just wanted to says thanks again for mine.
I took it out last night for a trial run, she burns very well.......a little too well.
I filled her up level with the ring of holes, about 50ml and put my Ti-cup on with 600ml of water for 2x teas.
It took half another fill to bring to the boil, my Evernew does this on about 45ml. But still a very well made and great little burner.
It will be added to my BOB in place of my Trangia.

Also wanted to ask, where did you get the wind shield?
Jonbodthethird really wants to get one for himself.

Cheers

Tom___

Mar 3, 2010
N.Ireland
Hi Re8eld0g, glad you got a chance to give the old girl a go..
I tend not to go much over 500 ml for boiling water, but you could get away with it in lighter conditions and windshield adjustment. I made the ti windshields from ti foil, with the prospect of maybe sticking up a few for sale, but its not a viable option at all....lol. That was the last one too. If you want to try your hand at one, I got the ti foil from the states from a place called titanium goat (I'm sure a few have heard of him). The fun part is creasing the foil....:aargh4:

cheers...!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE