Stove build - If only I had the skills............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
£220.
20190109CFP1-37_800x.JPG

Reactions: CLEM

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That stove has a big footprint. Hope you have a big tent. Like a canvas shack tent = 10' x 15'.
I can recall cooking on stoves that size and bigger. They are a real dream, once warmed up.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I rather like the racks on the side. Good for drying socks or keeping pans warm.
I have one of the frontier stoves. I've not used it in my bell tent yet . Only in my garden to cook things on for a bit of fun. It's a pretty good stove. But heavy. I'd like to get a titanium folding stove.... but sadly I'd need a sugar daddy to afford one of those:)

Reactions: Robson Valley

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
but sadly I'd need a sugar daddy to afford one of those
The old Scottish Travellers used a "drip tin" made out of a 5 gallon oil drum. They were free, lightweight, and very effective for both cooking and heating.
Similar to this, and very easily made. You can cut the thin metal with a decent set of kitchen scissors.
16020849402_d3b41d2b71_o.jpg

If you get one with a wide pouring mouth, you have a ready made chimney hole.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
The stove I like is the big rectangular one that fits inside its legs for transport.

Its in Kephart...do you know the one I mean?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The old Scottish Travellers used a "drip tin" made out of a 5 gallon oil drum. They were free, lightweight, and very effective for both cooking and heating.
Similar to this, and very easily made. You can cut the thin metal with a decent set of kitchen scissors.
16020849402_d3b41d2b71_o.jpg

If you get one with a wide pouring mouth, you have a ready made chimney hole.

Wonder what they used before the oil ( and kerosene?) cans?

Is that stove made from copper? Looks good and compact.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've been thinking of an ammo can stove too. A friend has offered to build one for me, but I'm dreading the cost of postage once he's made it, so I'm holding off on that for a bit.
I've seen one made out of two large ikea ....(of course.. other makes available ) .....roasting pans. Hmm much lighter to carry. Have to have a think on this. A lot less work grinding off handles etc...... maybe..... ahrg! Decisions!

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've been thinking of an ammo can stove too. A friend has offered to build one for me, but I'm dreading the cost of postage once he's made it, so I'm holding off on that for a bit.
I've seen one made out of two large ikea ....(of course.. other makes available ) .....roasting pans. Hmm much lighter to carry. Have to have a think on this. A lot less work grinding off handles etc...... maybe..... ahrg! Decisions!
doh! What happened! !!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE