Stormy Kromer now in the UK :)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have had my eye on these for a long time, but I have been relictant to order one as I could only find them in the US and was unsure of the quality.

Well, my luck changed recently when I poped in to a supplier I use and saw boxes of these caps. He is now the distributor for the brand.

The quality is second to none, much better than I ever would have imagined. My only regret is that I did not order one years ago.

You can find them here: http://www.bushgear.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=20&Itemid=64

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Love it! How is the sizing?
How you getting on with your RR pack?
Cheers.
Chris

It's my son wearing it in the pics, he has a smaller head than me. I take a 7 5/8", the closest size they had was one size bigger at 7 3/4" which was not to bad, in fact its about right when you pull the ear flaps down as it tightens a little, however you can adjust this with the lace to the front of the hat.

Sorry, I dont understand the question about the RR pack.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Sorry Chopper!
I thought you had recently bought the Rugged River bushcraft pack and had metioned it on here!
Must have got mixed up!!
Cheers.
Chris.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Just in case anyone is interested, I have just had a look at Bushgear's website and he has put a lot more SK kit on.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I must say how impressed I am with this hat.

I have used it every day since I bought it, all through the snow wind and rain with no problems.

It seem's to keep me at just the right temprature and no sewaty head. 10/10. :)

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I just got one last week. Saw this thread a while ago, looked around for some more info and opinions, looked like a good hat with some history behind it so I bought one.(common occurance around here...)

I bought a mackinaw one in olive, so far I'm liking it a lot! I don't have a regular one to compare but I'm guessing 26 oz. wool is thicker and therefore warmer, which is handy in Canada.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE