Storage – Shoe Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I was after something to store my Swedish Army cook set in, in my rucksack and hit on the idea of buying an old fashioned child’s school shoe bag – John Lewis do them in stout cotton canvas, in a variety of colours and they’re only £3.50

ranger

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Great idea Ranger! :super: Those kind of bags are alos great for collecting tinder in as you can hang them up on the wind to dry.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Oh no, childhood horror :yikes: My mum used to make ours for school out of old curtains and back in the ??? big flowery curtains were in, felt a right pillock with my kit in those, but it was character building.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
A good alternative might be the cloth carrier bags often given away at trade shows. I got one at the outdoors show from one of the government agencies (can't remember which)

Dave

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I use my kelly kettle bag for tinder/fuel collecting.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Roving Rich said:
Adi -kelly ketttle bag, am i misssing something ?

Cheers
Rich
Did you not get one with yours? If not, you are missing something indeed!

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I use a pillow case to store my spare clothing in, in my rucksack when camping out, which also doubles as my pillow for the night - hasten to add, I don’t stuff the sock’s I was wearing in it!!!

ranger

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I got my Kelly Kettle a couple of months back and definately had no bag with mine.... JACK don't go hiding there :BlueTeamE :

At the moment mines taking up residence in a nice leather bag I'm borrowing from Womble.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE