Stoat at Lathkill Dale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mholland

Jan 3, 2013
cheltenham
Had a share what I saw yesterday, out walking along Lathkill Dale near Bakewell, and spotted a stoat running along the path pushing a duck egg! Never seen one before, so to see one so close and do something quite different was pretty exciting! Also saw my first grey wagtail.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Are you sure it was a stoat and not a weasel? Some people get them confused.... but there is a way to tell them apart....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aaaand?

I'm never too sure, I always assume the tiny red haired thing is a weasel, and the larger but darker one is the stoat.

A few years ago now, I was out camping and hadn't even bothered to go to bed. In the early morning light I went and sat up on top of the hill to wait for the sun to come up. As it did, a family of weasels cautiously appeared so I kept utterly still.

Mother weasel was on guard duty, but the three babies played gorgeous tumbly games, funny little snake bodies entwined. One of the finest sights I've ever seen.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Aaaand?

I'm never too sure, I always assume the tiny red haired thing is a weasel, and the larger but darker one is the stoat.

A few years ago now, I was out camping and hadn't even bothered to go to bed. In the early morning light I went and sat up on top of the hill to wait for the sun to come up. As it did, a family of weasels cautiously appeared so I kept utterly still.

Mother weasel was on guard duty, but the three babies played gorgeous tumbly games, funny little snake bodies entwined. One of the finest sights I've ever seen.

Weasels are weasely recognised as stoats are stoatally different....

here all day... please try the veal...

mholland

Jan 3, 2013
cheltenham
Well it had a black end to its tail so assume it was a stoat! And yer shame I didn't have my camera, at that moment I had my binos round my neck , not my SLR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE