Still got it......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Despite owning an original SWC Woodlore from back in the day and knowing the story behind every mark on it, I still use my Mora Robust hard.

The simplicity of the knife epitomises Bushcraft. Teamed with a Fallkniven DC4 and I have the perfect outfit for the woods.

A bit of nostalgia before we all rush back out to the woods and hills. I'm thinking of using 2021 to go right back to basics and working chapter by chapter of the classic Ray Mears Bushcraft book......

3244597fa5ad61d8981bb9c4d0601866.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I like that knife ... Companion right?

EDIT - just re-read your post ... a Robust. Didn't know they did a green one. Something to look for :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Van-Wild

Maxsdad

Feb 22, 2015
Morpeth
I get where you are coming from . In 2006 i took part in a woodlore course and was presented with my Mora clipper ? By Ray himself ! I have since bought myself a Tbs Boar as i wanted a "more bushcrafty knife " and the Mora was handed onto my 9 year old . The problem i have is that everytime i see him using it i have this awfull feeling of wanting it back ! The boar cost me over £100 has curly birch wooden handles and is a typical ""Bushcraft Knife " yet i still feel an attachment to a £15 Mora ! Is it because Ray touched it ? Or is it because despite not being "Gucci" its a really good knife ?

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I get where you are coming from . In 2006 i took part in a woodlore course and was presented with my Mora clipper ? By Ray himself ! I have since bought myself a Tbs Boar as i wanted a "more bushcrafty knife " and the Mora was handed onto my 9 year old . The problem i have is that everytime i see him using it i have this awfull feeling of wanting it back ! The boar cost me over £100 has curly birch wooden handles and is a typical ""Bushcraft Knife " yet i still feel an attachment to a £15 Mora ! Is it because Ray touched it ? Or is it because despite not being "Gucci" its a really good knife ?
The Mora is a really, really good knife. I have abused mine over the years. It's a Woodlore 30th Anniversary one and the blade was laser marked accordingly, but this has since worn off. I did have two, but I gifted one to a close friend, along with a 12cm zebra billy years ago. He still has both and uses them occasionally.

As an aside I did ask a scandinavian friend of mine (Norwegian, not Swedish....) why they prefer the lighter puukko style over the 'full tang, bushcraft' style and his naturally laconic reply was 'because I also have an axe'

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S7eve and Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE