Steve from Solihull

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gibcraft

Sep 19, 2017
solihull uk
Hi Guys,

My name is Steve I am 34 and a firefighter from solihull West Midlands. I have been keen on bushcraft for a few years now but have just enrolled on a course to learn the ropes!!

Really looking forward to getting into this community and learning from you guys.

Steve

gibcraft

Sep 19, 2017
solihull uk
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yeh the course is run by Trek Tipi which ill link.. and Mike from MCQ bushcraft (Youtube bushcraft guy) is teaching on it..

Only problem is, mine is in January so going to need a big fire to stay warm.. Think I might treat myself to one of those thermamest Xtherm sleeping mats too..

Have any of you guys wild camped in the very cold?

Steve.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yeh the course is run by Trek Tipi which ill link.. and Mike from MCQ bushcraft (Youtube bushcraft guy) is teaching on it..

Only problem is, mine is in January so going to need a big fire to stay warm.. Think I might treat myself to one of those thermamest Xtherm sleeping mats too..

Have any of you guys wild camped in the very cold?

Steve.
Best time of year to camp in my opinion.

Love camping in the winter , especially if we're onto the minus temperatures and dry...
Saying that , I also get great pleasure of hearing the rain on the tarp whilst you comfortably lie in your outdoor bed , being it on the ground or hanging.

There's just something about the snowy woods and freezing temperatures that draws me ... Not sure why.

It's also very satisfying to make a fire, cook a meal and have a brew out in the elements...
Not necessarily bushcraft , but satisfying nonetheless.

Oh and welcome aboard 👍

gibcraft

Sep 19, 2017
solihull uk
Thanks Leshy,

I shall report back if I happen to share your enthusiasm for the frozen adventures!!

I kind of get what you mean, but thats easy to say from a warm sofa..

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE