Stephen Hawking

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
R.I.P.

One of our times most important people.

Despite being a total noob on his field, I did enjoy some of his books. They gave me hours and hours of enjoyment, and much needed cerebral exercise.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
A star, who understood the stars, has returned to the stars. It took over 6 billion years to make him, time well spent.

Reactions: Broch

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've enjoyed watching some of the clips online that have him doing funny things, and reading/watching what his friends have said about him. An amazing guy that's had huge impact on our understanding of the world and space. He had a great smile :D

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
The world lost two great scientists from Cambridge last week: Stephen Hawking and Nobel winner Sir John Sulston.

As a long-time resident of Cambridge I am one of a not very exclusive club of those having had to jump clear of Professor Hawkins' careering wheelchair. Sir John Sulston's daughter was a close front of my elder son at sixth form college and university. John and I used to take turns running them both back and forth between Cambridge and Leeds.

Great men and great human beings whose lives have enriched and benefited humanity.

Reactions: Janne

SimonL

Oct 13, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
I have (shamefully) to admit to never having read his book(s), but have a deep admiration for him, and all he achieved - it is truly humbling.
In some recent tributes, I seem to recall he was asked about the greatest mystery he had encountered, his answer was quite simply brilliant (I can say no more !)
R.I.P great mind

5teep

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2017
Scotland
I said elsewhere, the world cannot afford to lose the IQ that went with Stephen Hawking, we just took a big step towards Idiocracy (movie, look it up) :(

Reactions: Leshy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE