steel cup

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
was going to post pics but way too complicated for me

picked up a cup from exeter surplus at bakers yard in marsh barton yesterday
made of stainless steel same size as a crusader very similer shape
but has usa type folding handle so it doent rattle about in your bag
and at £3:99 not a bad price as well, holds one pint with room to spare for boiling
now does anybody have any idea which country its from it does have a date 84 and a crest stamped on it but its nothing ive seen before
anyway exeter surplus has a few left and if anyone knows where there from please let me know
thankyou everyone

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
what we have is a crusader cup same size and shape but with a world war two usa type flat steel handle that folds away under the cup

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
same shape as a crusader except handle is the on the opersit side to the crusader and folds under the cup

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
if anyone wants a pic i can send them one but for the life of me i carnt get them up on here computers are just not my thing

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
It sounds to me to be the austrian army cup; very similar to crusader shape but slightly smaller with the us foling handle. I have two but they are in the loft at the moment so I will try and put up a pic if I can find one. there was a british seller on ebay with them a while ago (i Bought one off him) it wasn't listed bottom one but on inspection it was austrian.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
ahh mike sounds like your on to something
what you describe sounds like the cup i have
rabbitsmacker its nice and smooth no crimping and not black

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
It does sound to me like my two austrian mugs. I can't be bothered searching the loft tonight but I'm on an early shift tomorrow so I will have a hunt tomorrow when I get home and post the pics of both cups then.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
here are the pics as promiced.
The markings are 82 on the right which I presume is year of manufacture and on the left is the manufacturer's mark WWE inside a letter U.
Both my cups have the same markings.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
thank you mike for your help :You_Rock_
there the same as mine thats that solved
if anybody wants a cheap as good as crusader there at exeter surplus in bakers yard marsh barton exeter bakers yard is next to the bike shop near liddle

cheers:35:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE