Starting again-Hand Made Leather Sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was asked by a fellow member on S.o.T.P., if I could make him a custom sheath for his new Mora Miki knife. The leather sheath, that came with the knife was not very good and he wanted something a bit more robust and secure.

I haven't done much leatherwork at all, since last May,mainly due to the likes of "jamesnobleknives" taking the 'p' but I was ready to get started again, so I ordered up a Miki and got started as soon as it arrived.

These are what I've come up with:
3.5mm either dyed through or veg tanned leather, 3mm welt.
P1230034.jpg

left to right : 1 2 3 4 5
P1230040.jpg

this shows how the knife sits in sheaths 1,4 &5; very deep and particularly secure.
P1230007.jpg

While; 2 & 3 will leave about two inches to grab. Easier to get the knife out but obviously more handle to snag. The Miki fits these well but they will also take Clippers, just as securely.
P1230006.jpg

From left to right; 1, 4 &5 are 'deep' sheaths. If you want absolute security, then these are ideal.
The other thing about these particular sheaths; is that they will also take Falkniven F1's, BG bushcrafters, woodlore/clones or Mora Clippers and training knives too, a fairly versatile sheath.

So; IF you want to change your knife in future, the chances are that you wont need to change your sheath ( unless you want to, of course)

All of the sheaths have a metal loop or ring for the attachment of a lanyard, drop loop or 'dangler' as well as a normal belt loop, which will fit up to 1 1/2" wide belts.

1;SOLD pf
2; has a fixed heavy chrome steel 'd' ring ( reserved )
3; SOLD
4; SOLD
5; has a fixed brass 'o' ring

All of the above are very robust, tight fitting sheaths, hand sewn with 70lb artificial sinew.
1 & 5 are 'dyed through' leather while 2,3, & 4 are veg tanned, hand dyed. All are coated with carnauba wax and finished with kiwi polish.

pictures are not the best again but hopefully, you get the idea:eek:

All my work is made to last, if it comes apart, just let me know and I'll replace/repair it for free.

I'm asking £23.50 each, as they are, or £25 with a drop/dangler loop fitted ( all inc p+p)

payment by crossed postal order, cheque or if you prefer; paypal (as payment owed or gift)

post then pm, to secure, any questions; just ask;)

If you miss one you fancy, I can always make you one up to order, again; just ask:)
cheers

R.B.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
ALL NOW SOLD

thanks for looking everyone and feel free to contact me, if you have any requests or orders.

If I can't make what you want, I can always pass you on to someone on here who can:)

cheers

R.B.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE