Starters bush craft course.School/course recomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I fancy doing a weekend course this spring or summer,what schools and courses can you folks recomend to me.Havig never done a course i fancy having a crack at a short weekend type.Thanks.

Oct 11, 2004
Canterbury
I don't know how good all the various companies out there are but i went on my first Bush craft course earlier this year with Wilderness Living and I can honestly say it was truly fantastic would recommend them any time. Check out http://www.wildernessliving.co.uk/ they haven't got their course dates up for next year but I did a 3 day course at the beginning of summer, the price is very reasonable the location is fantastic and the food provided is as good as any restaurant i have been to in a long time.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I've a friend who's done several of their courses and recommended them. I'm booked on their weekend course in Devon in November, and will let you know how it goes...

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
outdoorgirl said:
I've a friend who's done several of their courses and recommended them. I'm booked on their weekend course in Devon in November, and will let you know how it goes...
Great stuff,i look forward to hearing how you get on.Thanks. :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Several members here did the tracking course earlier in September with Max and Rhoda. This was booked through The Survival school. It was the first time i had met Jonny. The location was great and he was professional throughout. I have now booked another tracking course via him and a course with the survival school itself. On the tracking course there were several people that had been on a few of Jonnys courses.

I have done a couple of courses now with John Ryder at Woodcraft. I like his teaching style and have booked a number of courses with him.

There are plenty of good schools out there. Take a look at a few and speak to the people running the course and ask questions, its your cash and your time your investing make sure you go with people you will learn the most from.

Bushmaster

Forager
Oct 17, 2004
Scotland
I have done a course with Johnny Crocket at Survival school and can not recomend the school highly enough.Totally profesional,not boot campy and definitely not tree huggy,just 100% good info.And the rest of the staff,Drew ,Karen and all were superb.
Geoff :super: :biggthump

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I am sure there are many good schools out there but my daughter and I spent a weekend with Nick Ward and Paul Chen at the Woodcraft school in Midhurst. The course was excellent value for money, I would highly recommend them.

We are going back again next week!

Nick

gismo

Sep 27, 2004
surrey
I attended one of bushbasics weekend courses this summer and i would have no hesitation in recommending them. I never thought i could learn so much in one weekend at such a good price exelent value for money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE