Start my countryside and enviromental management course tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Keep mind there's a list of tree species in the Green Room each side of the blackboard Davie,not that you need it by the sounds of it.:headbang:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Best of luck with the course :)

can I ask what qualifications you need to get on one and what the job prospects are like?

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr

musicman

Jul 24, 2008
Scotland, Glasgow
Hi all,

(Apologies for hi-jacking the thread), but on a similar thread:
I'm filling in my UCAS form (the form we've got to fill in to apply to university) just now in school and we've got five choices to fill in: I'd like to make a couple of the choices for degree courses which would lead to a job working in forests.
As you can probably tell, I don't know what courses would be suitable for this, or what the possible job titles could include; but I'd like to have the option of taking one of these courses when the offers are sent out.
Any suggestions on what university courses might be good for this? Also, what jobs would I be able to apply for with the degree and are the employment prospectives good here in Scotland for those kinds of jobs?

Cheers,
Musicman.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
Yep, I was there. :D

I was they annoying old git with the National Geographic buff on his head who sat in on your "Principles of Ecology" class last week too. In fact I'll be in there every week. I didn't want to do the the Natural History Museum outing because I'd already done it before.

ah, that was you!!! I'm the excessively tall bloke with glasses. Wish I hadn't gone to the NH museum, as the exhibit we needed to go to was shut. Fine piece of planning there.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
Hi all,

(Apologies for hi-jacking the thread), but on a similar thread:
I'm filling in my UCAS form (the form we've got to fill in to apply to university) just now in school and we've got five choices to fill in: I'd like to make a couple of the choices for degree courses which would lead to a job working in forests.
As you can probably tell, I don't know what courses would be suitable for this, or what the possible job titles could include; but I'd like to have the option of taking one of these courses when the offers are sent out.
Any suggestions on what university courses might be good for this? Also, what jobs would I be able to apply for with the degree and are the employment prospectives good here in Scotland for those kinds of jobs?

Cheers,
Musicman.

google forestry or countryside management degrees. There's loads out there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE