Stargazing Live

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hardr004

Forager
Jan 16, 2010
chichester
I was wondering whether you watched it?

Very Quickely before i have got to go to bed, When did it say the meteor shower, eclipse and satern and venus are?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Caught the last ten minutes of the show, looked pretty good so I'll be tuning in again.

The bear thing after was a good watch too.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Stargazing was a great show, it was quite funny at times too. The lady reporter in Hawai helped move things along nicely too.

I thought the bear programme was okay but I thought he'd have been best to leave nature take it's course. We'll see in the next show if thats correct or not.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Great programme; D O'B appears to be everywhere at the moment. The PDF information on the website is helpful and covers the year. might be worth printing off as an aide memoire.
Alan

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I'll be watching again tonight. Enjoyed last nights enough that I actually got my telescope out for the first time in a while and had a good look at Jupiter and the Orion Nebula.
I was impressed with the short introduction to astronomical photography too, must give that a go.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
actually recorded it last night to watch tonight, kinda odd it being a live show but didn't want to miss it either way.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Bugger. Been meaning to watch this the last couple of nights, and I missed it!
Something good comes on TV and I miss it....typical.

I missed half of last nights show as I kind of fell asleep :eek: . I wont be able to watch on iPlayer either due to a <1MB internet connection.
Did they go over anything exciting in the last half?

A few weeks ago, I took out my wee telescope and had a look at Jupiter and was amazed that with that telescope i could see 5 dots, one larger than the others. First time I have seen that and it fills me a sense of overwhelment in a way.

Anyone got any tips for taking photos of the stars? I have tried star trails before but it didn't come out to well. I saw on the programme that they had clear snaps of the stars without trails.

Could see Jupiter with the naked eye the other night, and 2 (count them) meteors, but nothing last night - cloudy as a cloudy thing :(

Mind you, we took some scouts down to the Royal Observatory at Herstmontceaux in November, and we all got to see Jupiter through a 24" :D Saw 5 moons and you could see the atmospheric bands moving. Couldn't see the Spot, unfortunately, as it was on the other side at the time, but still great to see!

No1 son has now asked if he can get an astronomical telescope ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE