stainless steel swedish army trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 25, 2010
Kent
Militray Mart have them but I was disapointed at the condition mine came in... petrochemicals all over and an obvious respray to cover previous use (it was labelled as unissued!)

Mar 11, 2010
Dublin
I have received the Swedish Army Trangia.
Is the big billy supposed to be stamped anywhere. It is a ally example. The billy, burner and the small pot look to be of different dates. The only definite dates are NC72 on the small pot and NC62 on the burner (marked "SVEA").

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I have received the Swedish Army Trangia.
Is the big billy supposed to be stamped anywhere. It is a ally example. The billy, burner and the small pot look to be of different dates. The only definite dates are NC72 on the small pot and NC62 on the burner (marked "SVEA").

i wouldnt worry, a surplus dealer prob made a serviceable and saleable unit out of a couple of dented ones etc

post a pic

Mar 11, 2010
Dublin
I recently bought a stainless version of the Trangia And it definately benefits from a little pre-heating, but once it's going, it just keeps on going. Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but if you use a lid as a simmer ring you have to remove the rubber seal from inside. Also why you can't put the lid back on before the stove cools otherwise you melt the rubber ring and stick the lid down or ruin the seal so you can't store a bit of meths in the stove anymore.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Anyone got any hints of getting rid of the lovely oily smell thats on my ss trangia?I have scrubbed and scrubbed it and it still smells!

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I recently bought a stainless version of the Trangia And it definately benefits from a little pre-heating, but once it's going, it just keeps on going. Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but if you use a lid as a simmer ring you have to remove the rubber seal from inside. Also why you can't put the lid back on before the stove cools otherwise you melt the rubber ring and stick the lid down or ruin the seal so you can't store a bit of meths in the stove anymore.

no but to snuff the flames just turn the lid up side down, thats what the little recess is for, it fits on perfectly. hey presto no flame an an intact seal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE