Stainless steel cook set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
I'm looking to ditch all the random assorted cook sets and aluminium bits and get some stainless steel kit.

Any suggestions what my options are?

Thanks in advance

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
What are you cooking?
For how many?
What are you cooking on?
How are you carrying it?
How comprehensive - must it include the mug?

Really - the world is your oyster.

I met a guy at Bala who was using a can stove packed into two Kelly Kettle nesting mugs and that was his lot.

I use a stainless steel M40 but those are only available used.
Otherwise I’m enjoying my little KK Trekker Kettle tucked into a 14cm Zebra pot.
(No I have no association with KK other than enthusiasm)
But I enjoy unsophisticated and battered.

Others may have more helpful suggestions.

Last edited:

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
I probably should think a little more before i post!

I'm looking for an individual cookset, possibly with a nestled bottle but not essential, and used is fine. I like my french mess tins but they are aluminium.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I probably should think a little more before i post!

I'm looking for an individual cookset, possibly with a nestled bottle but not essential, and used is fine. I like my french mess tins but they are aluminium.
A good combination for 1 is a nested bottle / cup, 10 or 12 cm billy and small frying pan with a lid. This set up work well with an open fire or camping stoves and allows you to drink whilst cooking a good variety of dishes. The Pathfinder range offers all the above. The French have a new non stick mess tin in SS if you want to upgrade.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I'm looking to ditch all the random assorted cook sets and aluminium bits and get some stainless steel kit.

Any suggestions what my options are?

Thanks in advance
I use rectangle stainless steel mess tins. They are different sizes and fit inside one another. you can store kit inside them when not cooking. cost me 15 quid for two and i use them everyday. can fry in the bigger one. ive had them years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE