stainless steel swedish army trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
i have the stainless model, there great bits of kit but you wouldn't want to be trekking far with the weight of it!

i got it from surplus and adventure i think, (no association)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
Are these big enough to boil up a rat pack?

you can just about squeeze 3 boil in the bag meals in it. i found this out last time i went away with army cadets when my mate had one, its a much better system than our british hexy cooker and mess tins so now i want one :rolleyes: lol

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have the regular one as issue seen the SS one and it was twice the weight and the money for the amount of use it gets the Alu. is'nt a problem to me

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Checked Omaha's but the shipment fee is twice the value of the Trangia, 38$:eek:

But I'm not surrendering and I've found and alternative source:

http://www.militaerbestaende.de/Essen-Trinken/Schwed-Edelstahlkochgeschirr-5-teilig-mit-Zubehoer-neuwertig::613.html

This a complete Stainless steel Trangia and for those who want to upgrade they also sell the pots separately:cool:

http://www.militaerbestaende.de/Essen-Trinken/Schwed-Edelstahlkochgeschirr-2-teilig-neuwertig::614.html

I ordered, had to pay via an international transfer (just an ordinary SEPA payment, credit card is not possible...) and I will give you an update after I've received the goods.

By the way, LK35 is for sale for 10 euro on the same site.

As usual: no affiliation etc etc, just serving the public.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
In the ÖB in Skänninge they had some of the trangia frying pans in stainless steel. Too bad they didn't have the pot anymore. The stainless steel frying pan didn't fit on the aluminium pots so I didn't buy it. But as mentioned, it was really heavy! Build to last :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What's the advantage of an army model Trangia over the commercial "round" version?

Are they a better fit to PLCE, or more robust etc?

The Army setup is heavy and a lot slower than the real Trangia sets, you can use the army set over a fire more easily than a Trangia, but you could mod the pans easily with hanging bales. You can also fit a gas or multifuel stove in the Trangia to make an incredible four season setup

This mod is using a Trangia clone
DSCF3189.jpg

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Next to that it might be because a tall & relatively slim pot is more efficient in retaining heat because there is less water exposed to air?
That's true, although it means it takes longer to heat up as there's less surface area in contact with the flame.

I'd have thought the army would be more interesting in faster heating that heat retention?

The transport thing makes more sense - a flatter profile means it sits better on the outside of a pack.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
If you buy an army version for no other reason than to get hold of the excellent 'double D ring' handled pot it will be worth it. It is one of the simplest most effective designs I have seen on a piece of kit adopted by the bushcraft fraternity, as all those that have lost hair on their arms, heads etc. when retrieving a pot from a 'healthy' campfire can testify :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE