Stainless steel pots.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
There'll be something that fits out there. Finding it is another thing. Might be worth taking one of the Tran bowls to your local supermarket / B&M / asian supermarket.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I got one in Ikea that fitted neatly. The whole set up's in a bag at the back of a shed, so I can't get to it quickly or easily right now (we're gutting and repairing sheds, and that one's stuffed to the gills from the others) to take a photo.
The pots not lightweight though, but it has a brilliant laminated base so nothing sticks :)

M

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
What size pot are you after? I have been playing around with the MSR Alpine bowl as a light weight bowl just the right size for one person, and only 80g. Only downside is no lid.

J

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It will blow away like any wind shield or do you have a trangia that can burn above 660 C that may melt the aluminium?
I can't think of any disadvantage, let me know what I cant see.

Your getting warmer. I've had a meths spill fire before after catching the thing with my foot. Grass on fire, and my first thought was a newspaper headline "idiot sets hill on fire", not to the protection of my windshield and burner. After a minute of fairly frantic grass extinguishing I discovered the aluminium had softened like I didn't know it could, so as it could be bent backwards and forwards like a piece of leather. I believe a base of stainless steel would be far more durable and hardwearing without too much of a weight penalty, and would withstand higher high temperatures.

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I don't think I have ever seen a steel windshield on sale. Wonder what sort of price tag

These crop up on ebay from time to time. Can't remember the exact price but think they're generally cheaper than, say, a T25

31JQG2NTZKL.jpg

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
It will blow away like any wind shield or do you have a trangia that can burn above 660 C that may melt the aluminium?
I can't think of any disadvantage, let me know what I cant see.

In my traditional role as devils advocate.

I have melted through the bottom of an aluminium cook set in the past. I was using my MSR Whisperlite stove. It ruined dinner...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE