Stainless Steel pan set

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Keep a look out for British Army pan set for the No2 stove, its a square pan, about 8"X8" with frying pan lid and made of stainless steel. The frying pan works well, and the main pot is big enough to cook a good sized stew in, well made and with a hanging bale. I picked up another a couple of weeks ago, eBay item 220270519648 These do come up on eBay quite often, just search for army mess tins. One thing with this setup is that the rectangular pan gives plenty of room for storing food etc while travelling and is strong enough to use as a Dutch oven I suspect (not tried it yet but intend to). Not for back packing but ideal for 2 - 4 people

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Aye I love mine, but one thing I've found if you use them on a really high powered stove like a Nova is you have to stir like mad to stop the food burning in a neat ring on the bottom or as I normally do just turn the stove all the way down and be resigned to it taking a bit longer. They are easily big enough to cater for 5 and are normally cheap, mine was £4 as new from a surplus stall on the local flea.

Incidentally I'm after some of the leather straps that go with it, one for the pan but mainly as if you move the buckle they make great kids belts. The eldest has one as part of his Cubs uniform and I'd like to do a few more.

ATB

Tom

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I found that the large pan can be a bit tippy when it has just water in it, but they come up sparkling with a bit of scotch brite. I have one kicking about, I may take it to the Midland Meet and it can be tried out as a makeshift oven for breads and bannocks if folk want to give it a try.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Anyone ever seen the No 2 stove coming up anywhere? If you use a stick pushed into the square bracket on the side of the big pan it allows you to keep it stable as you lift it when filled with water. We made up a hanle for just that with a bit of flat mild steel with a taped handle and a 90 deg angle at the other end to fit through the bracket, did the job but not very pretty.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are common enough on eBay

ebay item

The pan does tend to wobble about when filled with water, I made a small wire bracket from a coat hanger and this problem is cured

The tanks on these are a little on the small side, a better option is the new No.12 stove as this burns parafinn and is one of the few stoves that burns diesel quite well. :). Its made from brass and stainless steel, has a bigger fuel tank and simmers a lot better

Here is the 12

DSCF0965Small.jpg

DSCF0964Small.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE