Stainless Steel Mora - green?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
DSCF0052.jpg

ok this is my frosts kinfe.. i understood it to be a mora.. and it is NOT stainless steel.. because it rusts.. in fact its rusty now if you look closly

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Well, I've looked around and I reckon Ray Mears sells a carbon version with and olive handle and maybe some more stores in the UK as well, I dunno. They are all 760 series as near as I can tell. The ones I've bought here in the states listed as the Swedish Army Knife are stainless and basically are an olive 760 series Craftsman. Ragnar has the 760 in carbon but it has a red handle. I've never seen an olive carbon 760 here in the states. I do have a 780 triflex and man does that take a super edge!! :yikes:

These are olive SWAKs
SWAKS1b.jpg

Hoodoo, mine's an olive handle with a carbon ( "Kolstal-High Carbon" ) blade. Looks just like yours, only with carbon. I got it at the Indy 1500 show last year. I love this knife! If you want, I'll pick one up for you next time I'm there, only cost $12 or so.

I have a pic on Hunt101, but their site has been down the last few times I've checked.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hey Steve! Welcome to BCUK! Now they have two Hoosiers they have to deal with. :yikes:

By all means, if you get down to Indy again, pick one up for me. I wonder where else they sell them here in the states? Of course, a red handled one would be just fine as far as I'm concerned. You might be less likely to lose it in the woods--except during the Fall. :lol:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
well i guess HOODOO has answerd the Question YES you can get them.. but i dont know of anywhere in the UK that stocks them!

and Steve1701D... yours sounds like mine... which looks like this..
DSCF0052.jpg

and it is DEFO carbon steel.. i know this because it rusts.. in facts its rusty now if you look at it.. sin of sins.. will go and give it a blast on the "hoodoo hone" in a moment! :wink:

T

Tumper

Carbon version Here;
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/800/shopscr2132.html

and another here;
http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=cooking

If it is possible to get a green version, then I think your best bet would be to contact the shop below. They stock a vast selection of good quality knives, including every type of Opinel, Buck, and Leatherman. I have also found them excellent at acquiring just about anything else in the cutlery/tool department. If they dont have it, or cant get it, they they probably know someone who can.
Buck and Ryan Ltd, Tottenham court road, London:- (020) 76367475

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE