Stainless Steel Lunchbox - Elephant Box

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thank you all = just Googled "tiffin." That's the name I can never remember. Looks like 101 different designs.
Mine are all Indian stainless steel. Easier to heat on the stove than plastic.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That UK box isn't quite 12" long but for a day with canned drinks = perfect for the price. Unappetizing color.
My Aladdin bottle is 14.5". I can still recall picking out the Aladdin first then asking for a Miner's Lunch Box to fit.
Must have bought the Classic 14.5" as they fit like hand in glove.
My US-made Thermos brand bottle is 12.5" tall but the same 3.75" diameter as the Aladdin.

What I like best is that these kinds of boxes can wind up at the bottom of the load without getting flattened.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Happened to mention this in passing to a friend, who then tells me they have an account with Stanley, so he'll get me one at trade !.

Rob

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Sorry for being a kill joy about this because it looks like a nice product all in all, but I do question what is ethical or ecological about employing people on the other side of the world, who earn a 10th per month on average compared to us, then packaging the product and shipping it across the seas on a tanker?

Sure enough it cuts down on a plastic container, but the argument that this product is more ethical or ecological is stretching it a little. Its a nice stainless steel container with an elephant stamped on it, but I wonder how many plastic containers are manufactured right here in the UK every day that could fulfill the same purpose without travelling the globe or sustaining low wages in a (mostly) impoverished nation?

A more ethical and ecological solution might have been to employ people in this country to make the product, benefiting the economy and cutting down the shipping costs drastically both financially and ecologically. Its not as if we don't have a history of working with steel.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah, we do. The Miner's Lunch boxes are bashed out of Canadian Aluminum in Canada.
All Hell would break loose if anyone ever caught wind of some soya sauce version.
Go ahead: throw one against a concrete wall = no dents.
If it does not say that it was made in Sudbury, walk away.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE