Stainless steel bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ridge rover

Oct 7, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee
Several people I know are getting Guyot bottles. I think Nalgene just bought them out.

The mouth is the same size as a one liter Nalgene bottle. I reccomend the bigger 38 oz Standard size. It will fit into the Nalgene bottle holders, insulated or not.

The hot setup is to get a Maxpedition bottle holder. I don't think our U.S. forum allows links or I would post them. There are some good postings on the utility of these bottles and that holder. Some even boil water in theirs!
http://www.twowolvesoutdoor.com/10X4bottleholder.htm

As you see the holder is something else. I'm putting to a kit together around that bottle. Various cups and pots also fit over the bottle inside the case. I have a GSI cup and Snowpeak titanium pot with cup in mine. 3 cooking utensils! I have 2 Aqua Mira Cholorine Dioxide bottles under the bottle in the holder also. Oh yeah, here's the bottle.
http://www.twowolvesoutdoor.com/water.htm

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Nalgene website says they won't be supplying stainless bottles until Jan 2009. See http://www.nalgenechoice.com/stainless.html

Think they've just licensed the design, rather than bought Guyot.

Problem with Guyot is no one seems to sell the bottles over here in the UK. Only their Firefly.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Do they tatonka bottles use the same lid and seal as sigg bottles?

The two larger bottles do, the small bottle has a smaller cap though.

I use these and they're very good IMHO.

Collecting-Stream-Water.jpg

Hardware.jpg

ridge rover

Oct 7, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee
Nalgene website says they won't be supplying stainless bottles until Jan 2009. See http://www.nalgenechoice.com/stainless.html

Think they've just licensed the design, rather than bought Guyot.

Problem with Guyot is no one seems to sell the bottles over here in the UK. Only their Firefly.

I apreciate the info. I will check with the people in Texas I buy from about their supply. They have had supply problems in the past. If you guys can find them, you'll apreciate the wide mouth. We have Clean Kanteens everywhere here and even 1 liter steel bottles, the same diameter as the smaller bike bottles.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, bought me tatonka bottle after chatting with Wayland. Top bit of kit and it goes in the dishwasher.
Topknot.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
At the risk of sounding daft ,apart from the material and sizes what are the advantages of stainless over aluminium?

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
I should have thought before I bought. I have a litre size sigg bottle and it's great, but stainless steel would have been better I think, no inner coatings to crack (they claim that when the aluminium is dented it still won't crack, but who knows what's in the coating...)

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
At the risk of sounding daft ,apart from the material and sizes what are the advantages of stainless over aluminium?

Think there some problem with fruit acids and the like with bare aluminium, thats why SIGG bottles have a liner.

And can not boil anything in a SIGG bottle, so they (SIGG) say. Whereas could in a stainless, no problem.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Fair comment but all mine are used for is carrying cold water ,so I assume there is no advantage forme by changing to stainless.

McShug

Jul 28, 2007
Eastbourne
My 2 bottles arrived very quickly, very well packaged.
very pleased with them, they are identical to the Klean Kanteens I have seen in the USA, only the logos are different.

Have been using them at work all week instead of 2 old plastic sports bottles and I think they are fantastic, wish I had changed to them a lot sooner.

Will get some photo's up soon

McShug

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just put some boiling water from the kettle into the mudpuppy bottles, and the logo/print came off (rubbed off) the bottle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE