Stainless filleting knifes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fat ferret

Forager
May 24, 2012
Galloway
Morning all. Snowed in and thinking of making some filleting/bait knives for my friends. I want to make them quickly, all the same and from materials which will stand up to use in a saltwater environment. So stainless and some kind of plastic.

Blades, would like to do full tang blades from some fairly thin stainless. Maybe 2mm. I would make a template to mark out. Now I cannot heat treat stainless so would anybody be willing to heat treat batches of blades. Maybe half a dozen at a time. Any volunteers? Would cover any costs of course.

Scales. No experience of plastic/micarta type materials. Any advice here?

Sheaths. It has to be easy to keep clean. Thinking some kind of bought or made plastic sheath.

Done quite a bit of knife making but always from scrap and with natural materials so any help appreciated, especially from those who would be willing to heat treat stainless blades for a modest fee.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Maybe a bit simpler to buy blade blanks and scale them yourself Brisa do some nice plastic scales or micarta there are also uk based knife suply dealers English handmade knives the bushcraft store do bits and there are some guys on uk knife forums like mammoth who also do pins etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE