Squirrel Cooker?

Dec 7, 2016
Wicklow
Hey All,

I'm trying to get a squirrel Cooker for my partner for Christmas, does anyone know where I would get one or if anyone has one to sell?

Thanks all

MissCC

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
We cook our squirrels in the oven, smothered in garlic and surrounded by onions. About 45 minutes at 190C is about right for how we like it… but there are some who say 35 minutes, some who say over an hour… I think that is just personal preference to how you like your meat.

Then saying that, you can fry a squirrel, oven cook it, grill it or even stew it… but I'm not sure a specific cooker will make this easier to achieve.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Fried has always been my favorite. Disjoint it, dredge the pieces in seasoned flour and shallow fry it. Remove from the frying pan and make gravy with the pan dripping then return the fried squirrel to the pan to simmer in the gravy. Serve either over rice or with a side of mashed potatoes as well as a side of some green veg (preferably collard greens) and cornbread.

Modify the recipe by adding sauteed onions and/or chili peppers to the gravy (saute them in the oil before you fry the squirrel to infuse the flavor directly into the meat)

Last edited:

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I guess it has to be regionall/continental. Santaman, I'll build the salads, the steamed greens and the corn bread (ifin you don't mind a snort of Tabasco).
You bring a score of tree rats and we have supper!!!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I guess it has to be regionall/continental. Santaman, I'll build the salads, the steamed greens and the corn bread (ifin you don't mind a snort of Tabasco).
You bring a score of tree rats and we have supper!!!

RV, you seem to have similar tastes to mine; try your greens with a bit of vinegar from the pickled jalepenos!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
The member, Whittler Kev, may be able to help you.

Thanks for the recommendation bilmo-p5.

Yep still making them to order ;) £19-50 inc postage. Need a phone number for delivery :)

tuhy6uzy.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE