Springer advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Guys,

I already own an AA s510 - which is a great tool but find myself hankering after a springer. I know this has probably been covered more then a few times but can anyone give me their opinions as to the best springer out there at the moment for game and not target?

Thanks

Kim :)

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
If you a carrying for lenthy periods (after game) then i'd second the Breakbarrel movment of HW80, HW95 and throw in a BSA Supersport/Lightning

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
hw98 is a beautful thing to shoot as well the only downside of the hw80 is that it was designed for foreign markets without the 12ft/lb limit so its not the smoothest rifle out there and mine had a bloody awful twang but with a bit of tinkering its a peach

matt

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
personally I shoot a HW80 very accurate (I've managed to shoot through a peice of parcel string at 30-35 yards) it can be a bit heavy but is not extrodanary heavy.
my only problems with it is that it tends to be over powered for pidgeons and rats (I've had a hit on a pidgeon only for it to fly a good 50 yards before dropping) so I advice using low penitration slugs with it, the only other problem I've found, which is probably more due to it's age is the screws tend to come lose now and again requireing tightening, but like I said that's probably due to the age of mine (about 10-13 years maybe more)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE