spring feast if we can find it?!?>

May 14, 2010
middlesbrough
Ok first post of the year, hello to all and all the best for the new year!
Dont know what you all think but thought it might be a good idea to post what we find for edible treats and such while out and about, as its avalable.
Reason been i was asked by a friend what could you possibly find growing and edible after the recent weather... turns out theres a lot! from roots- ramsons, crow garlic, burdock, alexanders and pignut - all of which i managed to come across to name a few, point been just because the book says to pick say pignut in may-june (when best for ID) this dosent mean there at there best or in edible untill this time(depending on species of plant your looking at of cause))
so i was wondering what treats people have found from the roots and leaves protected from the frosts in the thick woods to the beautiful sea carrots, parsnip ,horse raddish and sea beet on our coasts, may be with some tipps for spotting said delights in our lovely suny - freezing cold dark winter / spring(lol). have some photos but need to get them on this photo bucket iv heard people talking about? will add as soon as possible/can get my head round it. not great with computers as you may guess.
thanks and look forward to seeing what people find and come up with...
horseradishnewgrowth.jpg
horseradish
horseradishroot.jpg
horseradish
angelica.jpg
angelica
alexanders.jpg
alexanders
Morningforaging.jpg

seabeet.jpg
seabeet

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE