Sporran, dirk, & sgian dubh full set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
That all works very well together Hamish.
The watergypsy sgian dubh is still looking stunning.
Makes me glad we have that big wall to protect us!!
Simon

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Cool! But Imust admit Ihave no idea what a sgian dubh, sporran or dirk is.
Would like to know what it is, and what the function/symbolism is?

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
A sporran is the leather pouch you wear at the front of your kilt. The sgian dubh is a small knife for eating etc and a dirk is a long blade for fighting you hold beneath your shield. All traditional Scottish gear :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Sep 27, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
@Dreadhead I like the sporran, good for casual day wear and a little different. I like the idea of the two way belt loop on the Sgian Dhu as well; I use a Cold Steel Culloden (I know!) for a practical day wear with the kilt as well as a backup knife when in the bush. If not carried in my hose top I tend to tie a thong through the eyelets to use as a multi-directional belt loop/dangler.

Did you not fancy a traditional dangler for the Dirk? I like the link back to the Gladius it gives and it makes sitting and dancing a lot easier. Having said that mine's a heavy dress one with a knife and fork in so.....

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks appreciate it :) with these I set out tae practice my leatherwork with my own designs so I made them how they made sense tae me during the design process and they hang well on the belt and are functional so I'm happy. I'm nae a reenactor I'm just a scruffy highlander who keeps some of the past culture with me aswell as the new

Hamish

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Sep 27, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
The Dreads gave the re-enactor bit away, unless you were going to do the "Battle of the Bean Fields". I only ever wear the dirk with evening dress so mostly sitting down with a little bit of country dancing thrown in, very different from out and about in the country.

Funnily enough I'm also only a couple of pounds off having to re-site the buckles on my kilt, sigh! I've worn it (not exclusively) for the last 30 years though so I can't complain.

Colum

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
The whole set-up is way fine. Love them all. You must be very pleased with it all. I particularly like the way the knifes kinda piggy-back together, very, very tasty. i may have to burrow that, if you don't mind. The belt buckle is also class, looks so great with it all.

Your work just gets better and better, keep it up.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
imag0714l.jpg

you look soooooooooooooo cool in this pic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE