spoons 4 & 5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Petey

Forager
Oct 4, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex
Received from a very nice chap on here, and in exchange for my bow, a lovely wetterlings wildlife axe.
The amount of time it has saved me in roughing out these two spoonshapes has been incredible. This is as compared to a cheapo hatchett from Wickes.
Just the size and sharpness of this little axe are superb for the job - I can't wait to find a burl and do myself a kuksa. I completed the spoons with my clipper, a spoon gouge and sandpaper.

Each of these spoons took approx 1hr from start to finish. Isabel's was the first and I will re-do the soldering iron pyrography. Thomas's spoon was done with much more confidence and the iron had a good 15 minutes to warm up - just finished it. both have just been rubbed over with Danish oil and will not be used for a few days...

25750_1367282814990_1019256441_1128623_6270620_n.jpg

Petey

Forager
Oct 4, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex
Thanks guys,

it looks like my spoonage is improving, but my handwriting leaves a lot to be desired....

really chuffed with how the top spoon (#5) turned out, despite my scrawl!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE