Spoonage for export to the Colonies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have carved these three spoons for Ninja Jr to take to Michigan USA on Saturday when he is going to the Camporee with Cumbria Scouts.They have been planning and fundraising for the last 18 months and they are now a bit hyper to say the least! I thank my lucky stars I'm not going with them.
Joe wanted to take something to give his Host family so I thought a spoon might be a good start.
Two in alder and one in sycamore , all kolrosed with cocoa and olive oiled finish.
Hope you like them.IMG_0369.jpgIMG_0374.jpg
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I owe my recent interest in kolrosing to Wayland of this parish.
Some good examples on his web pages and an easy how to do it as well.
I am quite pleased with them & hope that the host family will like them.
Cheers , Simon.
PS I haven't forgotten your bogoak.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
They are going for two and a half weeks but the first week is with host families in Lansing with lots of parades and baseball game / church parade etc.
Second bit is in the wilderness by Lake Michigan doing all the fun scouty stuff like bushcrafting and getting dirty and wet.
They will get an overnight stay in Chicago on the way back too.Well worth a bit of bag-packing , car-washing and table-topping I'd say.
Also a big thanks due to Cumbria Freemasons who gave them £1000 towards the fundraising which was a huge boost.
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Spoonage now safely packaged for the flight in ninja junior's hand luggage.
I put them next to his phone and IPod so should be fine!
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm not sure nic . Ask Wayland. He seems to have done
wuite a bit of kolrosing. I guess it might fade a little in time.
Done with your excellent spoon knives ; they are a joy to use
even in temporary handles as they are.
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE