good trade items to take to the colonies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Ninja jr is going to Michigan with the Scouts in the summer for a "Camporee".
There seems to be lots of scope for trading items with other scouts from around the world so
I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas for small packable items with good swap appeal to
Boy Scouts? I don't feel that sharps are appropriate for this purpose although they do have obvious
Scout appeal. :rolleyes:
Also any tips on Mosquito repellents?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Cheers , Simon

Tarp

Jan 18, 2012
SE
Best item to ever be traded and past around the camp fire is a bottle of Rum! :rolleyes:

...or if not that, how about some glow sticks?

No idea about bug spray in Michigan, but i don't see that a small bottle of 50% deet would go amiss!

Tarp

Jan 18, 2012
SE
or even a couple of these?

4233.jpg

nope, its sewn badges and patches they are intrested in. you can buy a bottle of scotch when your out there, its patches all the way, when my lad went to an international scout meeting in Switzerland thats all they wanted, does not matter of what, many had blankets they turned into ponchos to sit around the fires with and it was he with the most patches sat closest. lol

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
He has tradable skills already.He is a passable table magician and a good fire juggler
but we may have to look out some patches too I think.
Thanks for the help guys :keep the suggestions coming.
Cheers , Simon

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Went to the Centenery Jamboree and the badge swap area was mainly American Scouts after trades. Some of their 'patchs' are pretty impresive in design. Quite a few did seem keen to get more in exchange than seemed fair. To me it was like for like in what the badge was for eg county, district, award etc; not size and colour.
Be worth taking over a load of various County/District badges and being able to tell what the image is of, eg Scafell, highest English peak, on the Cumbrian one.
And anything to do with the Centenery, wether the big 2007 national one or Group centeneries.

.. just some thoughts.

all the best to him on the adventure !

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Badges, badges, badges!
Woggles are good too, as are postcards of your local area.

Hi

He's in luck - I've just been sorting out my Badges box for spares etc. If you pm me with your adress I'll send him a surprise package.

Also speak to your Council both local and County for any pin badges etc etc they may have

Roger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE