Spoon mule attachment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi Everyone
Hope your all well
Not posted for a while - I was hospitalised with Covid 19 got over that and 6 weeks later my appendix burst , back in hospital for emergency surgery- so I’m limited to stuff I can do at home (like most of us I guess) so had a go at making a spoon mule attachment for my shave horse needs a few tweaks but first impressions are good , very Solid grip better than the shave horse just need to crack on with some spoons now !!
Thanks
Gary
F1517C02-4A43-4950-8710-252595F63493.jpeg983E6C6D-48F3-48F4-85D4-66ACFA2582DF.jpeg
983E6C6D-48F3-48F4-85D4-66ACFA2582DF.jpeg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I really hope you don't go and prove things come in threes Gary :)

Iteresting adaptation for the shave horse but I can't work out how it clamps up.

Does it do it when you employ the shave horse clamp pressing it down and and forcing the spoon clamp legs to engage?

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
I really hope you don't go and prove things come in threes Gary :)

Iteresting adaptation for the shave horse but I can't work out how it clamps up.

Does it do it when you employ the shave horse clamp pressing it down and and forcing the spoon clamp legs to engage?
Hi Mesquite
Nowt so clever, the shave horse mechanism has a bolt through it to lock it all off , then you place your feet inside the two nearly vertical arms and press outwards which moves the jaws together with about a 20:1 mechanical advantage so you can put a whole lot of pressure on the work piece or conversely not too much pressure in your feet !

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi Mesquite
Nowt so clever, the shave horse mechanism has a bolt through it to lock it all off , then you place your feet inside the two nearly vertical arms and press outwards which moves the jaws together with about a 20:1 mechanical advantage so you can put a whole lot of pressure on the work piece or conversely not too much pressure in your feet !

Aha, that makes sense goodjob

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hi, Gary,

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering - COVID19 and then a burst appendix: really unpleasant. I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery.

I am interested in your spoon mule attachment and was wondering whether you had some drawings or some photos that show the whole set-up a little more clearly. It's something that I have been trying to work out how to create - as yet, unsuccessfully! I'd be huge appreciative of any help you can give me.

Many thanks in advance!
Richard

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi, Gary,

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering - COVID19 and then a burst appendix: really unpleasant. I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery.

I am interested in your spoon mule attachment and was wondering whether you had some drawings or some photos that show the whole set-up a little more clearly. It's something that I have been trying to work out how to create - as yet, unsuccessfully! I'd be huge appreciative of any help you can give me.

Many thanks in advance!
Richard
Hey Richard
Don’t have any drawings it was all developed as I went along
I will post some more photos soon to give some detail
Gary

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hey Richard
Don’t have any drawings it was all developed as I went along
I will post some more photos soon to give some detail
Gary

Hi, Gary,

That would be great - thank you! Any help in trying to create a spoon mule attachment will be more than gratefully received!

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE