Oi oi from Thatcham, Berks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wonkothesane

Mar 18, 2016
Eryholme, UK
I'm Devon born and bred, spent my spare time in my yoof gadding about the fields and woods of the Blackdown Hills and on Dartmoor with my school doing Ten Tors. Most of my "wild" camping was on t'moor in the school Force 10 tents cooking beans over a trangia. Only other time was when I walked the Wye Valley by myself and got surprisingly wet in a supposedly "waterproof" sleeping bag, should have had a tarp or something I suppose.

I'm now settled in West Berks, stuck at a desk for my day job and hankering over the great outdoors. Hiking and so on hampered by being a carer for my wife and son I've so far been directing my remaining time and energy into some light green woodworking. Mostly spoons so far, using a Robin Wood axe (which I love using) and spoon knife (which took me to A&E for 4 stitches in my thumb on first use. Seems they come quite sharp) and a Mora knife. Prior to that I'd been making walking sticks with Calleva Stick Dressers.

I have the beginnings of a shave horse in the garden, waiting on some more timber and plans for a pole lathe with the other half of the ash log it came from. Make a fire pit out of a washing machine drum which I have subsequently cut down in height, and another "in progress" project is a forge made out half a gas bottle, cut lengthwise.

Since I seem to be rambling now, I'd best leave it there. Picking up a lot of useful information on the site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE