spoon knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gurthang

Nov 22, 2004
Devon/Hampshire
can anyone give me any tips on sharpening them, I have a frosts mora one its double edged with a single bevel, I have a japanese water stone with the curved edges and some very fine round filed should these do the job, any particular technique to use when sharpening them.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Well done andy, cut and paste is far easier than tapping away at keys lol :D

If its a frost like the ones on axeminster tools i use a course sharpening stone to grind the back flattish as its got a nasty secondary bevel ridge on the back which makes it difficult to sharpen takes a bit of elbow grease that bit, be sure to keep away from the cutting edge though, then i fine tune the back of the knife with a medium ceramic stone then a fine, im into ceramic at the mo but any stone is fine, u can use whatever you have got really :) then i work on the inside of the crook with a little rounded slip stone to polish it to a good edge if you havent got one wet and dry stuck on a wooden dowel will do, then i use a piece of leather with some honing compound and polish it to a razor sharp edge inside and out or an old belt and some autosol chrome polish will do just as well ,takes a while but once you have ground it to your liking and honed it up well its much easier to keep sharp ;) then during use use the leather and honing compound to keep it sharp.

gurthang

Nov 22, 2004
Devon/Hampshire
thanks gus, your sure right about that bevel it is prety strange and does seem to make sharpening that much more difficult Ihadnt thought to get rid of it though, thanks for the advice

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE