Spoon from Goat Willow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
Hi folks i have just made my first spoon from Goat Wilow. Can anybody tell me whether i can eat with it or not? :confused:

Also how do i post pictures on here?

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Halfdevil333....................

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Goat willow ought to be fine so long as you've removed the bark, it's a source of natural aspirin.....and compared to other willows it's quite sweet tasting. I suppose that's why the *goat*, I reckon they'd prefer to eat it to the others which are quite bitter.
Cheers,
Toddy

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
Toddy said:
Goat willow ought to be fine so long as you've removed the bark, it's a source of natural aspirin.....and compared to other willows it's quite sweet tasting. I suppose that's why the *goat*, I reckon they'd prefer to eat it to the others which are quite bitter.
Cheers,
Toddy
Thanks for that Toddy any chance you would know what oil i can use on it?

Halfdevil333.............

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know a lot of folks like olive, but I can always taste it and it gets a bit *heavy*, I prefer almond, but it's a personal thing. Basically any edible oil that doesn't go rancid quickly ought to do. Hazel goes off, sunflower is good.
I'm sure there'll be a lot of experienced spoon carvers out there with excellent suggestions for you though.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE