Spoon carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
It's no surprise that many who enjoy bushcraft and camping out turn to spoon carving as a way to occupy their expensive folding saws, knives and axes during those hours when camp is all set up, the fire roaring and the kettle whistling nicely. Carving and wittling has long been a favourite passtime for those with nothing left to do but stare into the fire - at least, that's how I came to spoon carving and I know there are many others out there who came to spoon and kuksa carving in much the same way.

At the risk of a shameless plug, I just wanted to make any of you with an interest in spoon carving aware of my blog, unimaginatively titled 'fiftytwo spoons' which is my record of carving a different spoon a week for a whole year. Five spoons in and I'm really enjoying it so far and learning a lot about the aesthetics and structure of various spoon designs as I go. If you're interested you can find it here: http://52spoons.blogspot.co.uk/

If not interested, sorry I wasted your time. Happy Bushcrafting!!

Podcast Bob

Enjoyed the blog and found it inspiring. I did a course last year and make my first spoon and knife.

tools arrived for Xmas and now I'm looking for some green wood and a warm shed!

ill give it a plug on one of my forthcoming podcasts.

keep it up :D

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
One of our visitors to Spoonfest last year was so inspired he set off carving a spoon a day for a year. He is now up to 163. It's an enormous commitment, I think a spoon a week is much more manageable. These are some of Keith's 163 spoons http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200445353834215.2198175.1167635713&type=1
67044_10200337923348520_937291338_n.jpg

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
A spoon a day - That's amazing! Perhaps if my 52 spoons go well I'll have to graduate on to this challenge. My school is looking at redundancies so I may well have a little more time on my hands....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE