spitewinter june 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Looks like i might not be able to do the Friday as work have just said i can't have the day off as a few colleagues are off that day/week as well. So, i'll be there either Friday night (doubtful) or probably Saturday (more likely). gutted.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Looks like i might not be able to do the Friday as work have just said i can't have the day off as a few colleagues are off that day/week as well. So, i'll be there either Friday night (doubtful) or probably Saturday (more likely). gutted.

Andy,

No wories mate, see you Sat. :)

Might be able to make it up Friday now, but i won't know till the Wednesday before and it's all dependant on how busy my section is with the quantity of jobs coming in on the day. Fingers crossed i may well be able to book off half a day.

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
nettle beer is looking good now, if i get another demi jon i will make adifferent style batch up. still no brave enough to try is just yet!
lookin forward to this now, need some me time since ididnt get the ranger job i was after

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
i couldnt possibly tell you!! ha, im makin it up from a river cottage recipe so it might be ok. didnt have any lager yeast so i used wine yeast, but yeast is yeast....(waitin for the correction tirade)
i'll have some this weekend an let you know how bad it is

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
i couldnt possibly tell you!! ha, im makin it up from a river cottage recipe so it might be ok. didnt have any lager yeast so i used wine yeast, but yeast is yeast....(waitin for the correction tirade)
i'll have some this weekend an let you know how bad it is

Lol, ok matey. I remember that River Cottage episode on TV, that brew looked nice tbh.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
wooo! its ok! strange flavour. might get better with time.......

good strange or bad strange? not that it really matters, i'm quite partial to the swift half of something strange, and if it doesn't get better with time you can rest assured that it'll get better with quantity, it's all good by the second gallon!

cheers!

stuart

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
Tastes, well crap thb! Gonna see if i can save it.

Will be bringing a friend if its ok, he is a total newbie so will need some patience i think

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
Elines (not an old hand but willing to help out if i can)
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy2112
leaf man +1

Will be bringing a friend if its ok, he is a total newbie so will need some patience i think
no problem at all mate, bringing non-members is covered in the OP. i recently took a friend who was a non-memeber to the rough close meet, i got him to read through that thread before we went (especially decorum's OP) just so he had a good idea of what to expect and what would be expected of him, it made me more comfortable if nothing else.

cheers

stuart

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Gonna have to pull out of this one i'm afraid. Sorry folks.
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
TinkyPete (TBC)
leaf man +1

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
TinkyPete (TBC)
leaf man +1

See post No. 44 :D

Never mind mate, maybe next time?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
shaggystu
nolightweight TBC
MartinK9 (old hand)
Cliv (old hand)
TinkyPete (TBC)
leaf man +1

that's a shame mate, hope you can make it next time

cheers

stuart

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
Youre asking for trouble andy! Hope you can make it.
My friend the newbie, wants a list of stuff to buy for this week end so you'll have to forgive his 'shinyness', bless

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Youre asking for trouble andy! Hope you can make it.
My friend the newbie, wants a list of stuff to buy for this week end so you'll have to forgive his 'shinyness', bless

Tell me about it, lol

Nothing wrong with shiny, it all starts out that way. My new hammock sleeve is shiny, lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE