Spent case container

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Had a bit of a tinker in the garage and made a couple of spent bullet case containers. The case is a .270 with the shoulder cut off and the cap is a piece of seasoned hazel. As you can see I have used one to hold some basic fishing kit. A useful addition to the possibles pouch.

DSCF0776_zpsf2763f4c.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice work - you know if you pal up the right calibers you can make lids too

.45 for instance fits very neatly on a 30.06

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
where are you lot getting these cases from to try this? its a great idea, I love things that don't stick to tradition and would love to do one of these. don't own a real gun though so cant see where the cases would come from

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The .357 cases generally eject from the side when I pull down on the lever, the .223 is more of an up and out direction when I lift the bolt and pull it back :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'd really like to get hold of a few of the different calibre cases - just haven't been able to get 'em. Any leads gratefully received, ............................atb mac

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
where are you lot getting these cases from to try this? its a great idea, I love things that don't stick to tradition and would love to do one of these. don't own a real gun though so cant see where the cases would come from

picked a handful up at war and peace show

but if you google inert cartridges there are a few that sell online - mainly to the reenactment crowd

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yeah, those would do me admirably for what I need - do I take it you have these available? That'd be superb!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep can sort some out for you next weekend (can't get to the post office for a week I'm afraid). I'll have forgotten by this time next week so PM next Friday with an address and I'll post you some - do you prefer brass or steel cased .223? Nickel or brass .357?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh boy, you're a gent and a scholar! Brass for both please, if you have them; I lost my big needle case in the woods some time ago and the replacement I made is utter carp, I'm making and adapting special horse harness at the moment and I'm stitching synthetic strapping on the horse "live" in the woods as prototypes and three small cases made with these will be a lifesaver!

Can I offer anything in trade for these? I will pm you next Friday as requested and will send something to at least cover the postage. Thankyou very much Hugh, all the best, mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
No problem at all with the time, Hugh, I'm just very pleased to be getting them at all - it's good of you to take the time,.......atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE