Spams new knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Some pics of our Spamels new Knives,a camp knife and whittler,both have a forward finger notch and a thumb notch on the spine for greater control,and housed in a combination double sheath on a dangler.
Spam made the cuts on the roe buck with the whittler for removing its jacket,then went on to make his spoon.under the guidance of Robin and Nicola

Bernie

DSC00937.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00938.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG0377-1.jpg
[/IMG]

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff. like the idea of the smaller knife as well, very handy.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A matched pair? What a great idea :)

Lovely looking set there - I prefer a ramp over a notch for the thumb but I wouldn't turn them down!

Great design and execution both

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
They really are very nice indeed. My Dad wants them, so I need to keep an eye on him, and my yongest brother Nick is quite taken with the "Big Chopper" as he calls it! I've not used them this weekend as I was away today at a barbeque with an old army friend, which was very nice. Sounds like a Vietnam film does that bit,

"Yeah, when we were in (Chelte)Nham.......!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, gonna go up the woods tomorrow after the girls have gone to church, so I'll take the pair up and see what I can get up to. I have found some interesting trees, the walk is a bit longer but it gets you away from the town folk, so well worth it. I may pack the billy and camera, get a small brew fire on and have a jolly good time!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've always been a skinny chap, but I'll never say no to a good feed! :D The fuzz has long since departed unfortunately. I grew quite attatched to it, and even the comedy twenty minutes of trying out different facial hair styles, culminating in the Hitler 'tache wasn't enough to leave me anything but slightly dissapointed at being smooth faced again! :( I may revisit the hairy face one day, but I won't be shaving with a Bernie Garland knife anytime soon, I like my ears attatched to my head as they keep my glasses on!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have other knives that i could abuse just for the hell of it that way. Although it isn't quite abuse I grant you, but then I have a steel striker so there's no need. Anyway, I took down the whole of the ivy along the eight foot tall wall in the back yard earlier, gonna go and trim the good chunky bits and see if they will work for the hand drill. I think I'll use the big 'un! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE