Spam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I second the thank you goodjob all.

if there's spam just report it, don't worry if anyone else has reported it, if the same post is reported the reports all drop into the same thread so that's not a huge issue, if someone has posted 6 spam posts and they all get reported there will be 6 separate threads reporting that individual but we have the means of deleting all their posts and banning them in one foul swoop which is very convenient.

We do not get individual PM's sent out to us by the system, we used to get emails but I turned it off as there's usually enough mods about to handle anything that comes up and on the odd occasion i've always had a call or an email from someone if it needs acting on urgently.
over all it's worked very well and continues to do so. The key to that though is you guys reporting the posts, you do a great job at it and long may it continue :D

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I for one think you have the balance right - we very seldomly see spam on here but I'm sure that is as much due to the swift work of the mods here as to the lack of spam posts!

goodjob all you mods and admins for keeping the site on track and keeping us clear of that hammy temptress!

ganstey

Settler
I for one think you have the balance right - we very seldomly see spam on here but I'm sure that is as much due to the swift work of the mods here as to the lack of spam posts!

goodjob all you mods and admins for keeping the site on track and keeping us clear of that hammy temptress!

Hear! Hear! From a simple poster's point of view I think this site has it right. So long as the mods aren't being overwhelmed by spammers (and it sounds like they aren't) then I think it should be left as is. But if the mods are having to deal with more than they want to, then I'm happy for Tony and the mods to put in place whatever they feel is necessary.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE