Spam.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
There has been a bit of spamming recently on many forums, so I think it is worth noting.......

Please,

Ignore it, report it.........

Don't answer it, reardless of how witty you're retort may be! This only keeps it on the most recent post list and relevent threads demoted.....not in the interest of the forum or legitamate users!

Don't follow the links, that's what they are hoping you will do.....

Participating in either of the above will only encourage them to repeat the spamming!

All of which makes more work for the Mods etc to clean up.

I hope this is taken in the spirit it is meant, and that we can all comply as if spamming gets serious a forum can be severly effected, I've reported the latest episode but as yet no action, probably because the Mods are busy with their everyday lives, so lets not make them more work when they return......

Thanks

Smoggy

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Have to agree,I'm fed up of having to search through spam to find something to read,And fed up with reporting it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"All of which makes more work for the Mods etc to clean up."

Deleting a thread with 100 replies is harder than a thread with 1 reply? Don't think so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE