Spalted Beech - LOTS!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
THIS SALE IS NOW OVER - Note: I may still have some left that I haven't used yet, so theres a chance I may still be able to sell you some if you PM.

Well i'd been looking for a nice bit of spalted beech for some time, and then all of a sudden I get more of the stuff than I know what to do with.

All these blocks are 190x35x35mm and will make good knife handles, or can be cut into scales.

All these are £7 each - NOW £5 EACH (you pay paypal fees)

No. 2 above - SPF
No. 4 above - SOLD

And these £5 each - NOW £4 EACH (you pay paypal fees)

Note: The 3rd block from the right is missing a bit of one of its corners up to about half way. If its for a knife handle, it shouldn't present an issue.

I weighed one at 165g, so if we say 170g per block to be safe, plus maybe 10-20g for packaging? Then you can work out the cost to add for postage by the method you choose from the royal mail website. http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=400023&mediaId=400028&keyname=ssm

As a guide, 1st class packet post for one block is £1.72.

I'll put these up on british blades also, either later tonight or tomorrow. BushcraftUK always comes first ;)

Cheers,
Alec

Last edited:

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Little bump :)

I've just been given I big lump of elm burr, of which I may get rid of some of it. Pm me if your interested...

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Price drop for the next 24 hours! Top picture is £5 (you pay paypal fees) Bottom picture is £4 (You pay paypal fees)

After 24 hours I'll be taking these down and using the remainder myself.

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
are they stabalised as the ends are not waxed or painted ? also do you have the facilitys to cut them in to scales cos i dont :) cheers lyn:)

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Lyndon, i've pmed you.

This sale is now over, although theres a chance some may still be available if I haven't used it yet. Feel free to pm at any time.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The wood turned up this morning, after I ordered it yesterday and it looks perfect for what I want it for, so Thanks for sorting it out so quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE