South West Meet Up.... 24 / 25 July

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hi Everyone

We are going to 'attempt' to organise a little get together for the weekend of the 24th and 25th of July.
I have two woods near me in Somerset that are about a mile apart that we can use (neither have fresh water though but my house is a mile away) it may be a case of bring bottled water / water containers.

The woods are not massive but if we use both there is probably enough room for 20 of us.
I will also have some home brew wine for the wknd and maybe Cider (not home brewed but brewed by local farmer).

The location will be pretty much next to the A303 - there is parking available on private land at one of the sites but very limited parking at the other 4 or 5 cars max.

So lets start talking and organising and hopefully have a two good wknds with good weather and good camping.

i've started a list below, add your name if you wanna come:

Jay (Surfer)
Tee Dee
Craven
Emma87

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
What accomodation is everyone bringing?
Cos i'll need to work out where is best suited for our wknd depending on if we are all tree dwellers or ground living or a mix

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Next one for me bro!,its my mums 70th birthday and I am MC that weekend (even I can't get out of this one!!)
Have a fab time,look forward to meeting up with you and the rest of the cats soon!
My best.
Chris.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just been reading BR thread on Curry's.

Just wonder if everyone wants to have a communal meal 'curry night' + beers??

Need a biggish pot. If not curry or if every one wants to just cook for themselves , thats cool , just thought i would throw the idea of a big-old curry night out there.....

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Tree dwelling is all good - i'm sure there is enough of everything for everyone. Just need to try and figure out which wood is best to use as both have positives n negatives.

A communal meal would be fantastic - has anyone got a Dutch Oven?

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Hi all,

I'd like to come along, but I dont drive. Can I get there or there about on the train and walk in?

Also be aware that if you let me come alone, you will have a noob in your mists!

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Thats showing dedication Lamper...
Unfortunately being in the middle of the countryside walking from a train station isn't really possible. I am sure none of us mind having a novice there though and i wouldn't even call myslef a know it all lol

I am sure that i could pick you up from a train station but it would be dependent on times of arrival.
The closest train stations would be Sherborne, Yeovil or Castle Cary.
Would you be looking at coming down on the Friday or Saturday?

J

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Ok mate
I won't be able to pick you up until later on the Friday as I am at work but taking u back to the train station is no problem. do you know what return times are looking like?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE