South Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

marcja

Hello all,

Are any of the S Wales guys planning on meeting up anytime over the next couple of weeks? I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few of you before the big weekend at the end of July if you're up for it (or have the spare time to do it). I was thinking just for the day or overnight somewhere.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Yeah, i'd like to join :D

As long as its after the 29th of june its more than likely that i can.

Ed? Jamie?

M

marcja

When I posted my intro's & welcome's thread I had a tremendous response. Which prompted me to post this thread which I must say I'm a little dissappointed with! I was expecting loads of replies............................

.................................c'mon guys, you can't knock a day/night out with the like-minded type! And it'll give the new members the opportunity to meet the long standing members.

M

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
sorry I must have missed this post.

I'm up for a day wandering around the dunes at myther mawr, that way you can see the site the Moot will be held at.

I am free most weekends, just let me know when you want to go

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Hi Marcja,

What part of Caerffili do you live?
If you wanted to meet up how about the Maenllwyd Inn in Rudry. We could take a walk around the woods

Frogo

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It's easy to miss posts! :D

Yeah, let me know. Anytime after the 29th and im most probably free. Just say a date and a time and we can meet i the car park.

:D

M

marcja

Frogo I had a wander around the woods near the Maenllwyd on Saturday as it happens. It's only 10 minutes away from me, I live in Abertridwr. Anytime you're keen give me a shout.

I do fancy a wander around MM though before the moot. Anyone needing a lift isn't going to be a problem I have plenty of space.

Any suggestions on a date, I have one day free most weekends?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Same, but June is out and July will be tricky. (on the 30th of June i'll have a hangover, 1st July i'll be getting vaccinated, 2nd i'll be ill from vaccination, 3rd i'll probably have another hangover, and then that takes me to dartmoor/ashdown [forgotten which one it is :D])

;)

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Just let me know dates and times and I'll try and make it ( if I'm not babysitting / decorating etc.....)

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Hi Marcja,

What day are you free?
I will be up that way this weekend, maybe Friday or Saturday.
I often use the woods as it is not that far for me to walk to.

Frogo

M

marcja

Rollnick, seems your a bit tied up over the next few weeks by the time your free it seems we'll be at the MM moot!!
Frogo, I'd prefer MM over Maenllwyd through choice, in saying that I can't make this weekend anyway, thanks for the offer though, maybe next time.

On that note, I'm tied up this weekend (dog shows), next weekend I'm in Blackpool (another dog show). The following weekend (which will be the 2nd & 3rd) I'm free.

So shall we make it Saturday the 2nd July, if we're all free.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
oooo seems I missed this thread aswell :(

I'm up for it..... and I'm sure I can drag a couple of people along. July is better for me though as work with the schools and colleges would have eased off for the summer, but my plans do change without alot of notice I'm afraid :(

:D
Ed

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
We should have a few after MM too. Perhaps arange them while there? :D

M

marcja

Right then, seems we're mostly agreed on July being the best time.

Jake - 'ill from vaccinations' come on mate, not the best of excuses, sure you could manage 2nd July, your in Craidff it'll be on my way so I'll even pick you up :rolleyes: Though I think arranging a few meets at MM moot would be a good thing. Maybe we could arrange 1st week of every (or every other) month or soemthing similar.

Anyway current agenda is looking towards 2nd July, let us all know who'll be able to make it (woolfie, make it stead fast in your diary mate [look forward to meeting someone with your knowledge of the area] seems your our prime guide around MM!). To the rest of you loooking forward to meeting you 'like-minded' people.

Firstly who plans on coming along & secondly who needs picking up & where from?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE