South Downs Bimble - Pic Heavy

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Had some me time today and went for a short 7-8 mile bimble around the South Downs, lovely day out.

Heading out down the lane

DSCF4627.jpg

Bit of breakfast

DSCF4632.jpg

the hill in the distance is where im headed

DSCF4635.jpg

Getting a bit closer

DSCF4642.jpg

Second breakfast, these were nice and sweet

DSCF4643.jpg

It's a real shame more dog owners around here dont take notice of this, they, albeit a minority, seem to think that because they are out in the countryside they dont have to clear up after their animals - WRONG!

DSCF4645.jpg

Back on track now and headed directly towards the hill

DSCF4648.jpg

Looking back up the slope

DSCF4651.jpg

Masses of Haws around this year

DSCF4654.jpg

Past the newly restored Dewpond

DSCF4659.jpg

then i changed my mind and headed north instead of west, just by way of a change

DSCF4664.jpg

past the old trough

DSCF4670.jpg

the path follows a lovely route along the bottom of a small valley

DSCF4672.jpg

DSCF4674.jpg

into the tunnel

DSCF4675.jpg

Looking back towards the hill i was heading for

DSCF4679.jpg

now we join the Monarchs way and head east

DSCF4681.jpg

the rolling South Downs - love it

DSCF4685.jpg

and a climb up a long long slope, makes even the fittest puff a bit by the time they get to the top

DSCF4688.jpg

looking south now, the big hill in the centre is more or less where i started off.

DSCF4691.jpg

Time to stop for a brew.

DSCF4694.jpg

looking east along the north side of the Downs

DSCF4698.jpg

heading home i picked up an old plastic bag and found this Slowworm underneath

DSCF4703.jpg

nearly back home now and find the Blackers are not only in fruit, but in flower and in bud

DSCF4706.jpg

got home shortly after this, covered about 7.5 miles in all, saw loads and really enjoyed my me time, must remember to do it more often.:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very nice Mark

I've been stuck in the office all day hammering a keyboard, the first nice day since those winds came in and I was itching to get out for a play.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
cracking photos i love the south downs, i walked some of it for my 3 star expedition in army cadets. we ended the 20 mile walk in a village called Cocking which funnily enough i drove through in the summer on my way to the goodwood festival of speed. i started getting all nostalgic when i recognised the small corner shop that me and my mates brought cornettos from lol

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
cracking photos i love the south downs, i walked some of it for my 3 star expedition in army cadets. we ended the 20 mile walk in a village called Cocking which funnily enough i drove through in the summer on my way to the goodwood festival of speed. i started getting all nostalgic when i recognised the small corner shop that me and my mates brought cornettos from lol

Nice countryside, right on my doorstep. I know the little shop well, I pass it most days.

Spent all day in Madehurst today and so wish I'd packed my camera, the views were just stunning. It's a tiny place, tucked away between Bury Hill and Goodwood which I have never visited in 40 odd years of exploring this area. Well worth turning off down those little sideroads, the rewards can be tremendous. I'm lucky that my job forces me to, I'd probably not bother half the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE