Soup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can just pour the soup, veg and all into a metal sieve. Then use the back of a spoon to press (you kind of swirl the spoon around pressing gently down) on the solids. It's how we used to make baby food when we couldn't be bothered breaking out the Mouli....you still see those for a pound or so in charity shops since most folks now use electric gadgets.
That's a baby sized one, mine takes a potful and sits over a pot to caw the handle.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Hot soup is in some ways better than a cup of green tea but I have noticed that a mix of pure amino acids is what keeps you going the longest. Taste is nothing to speak of and avoid hot water but nothing else returns the aching muscles as well to working condition. After that a cupful of soup.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had wild boar sausage stew today.

usual recipe with sausages, mixed beans and a can of mushroom soup by way of stock

Heavenly

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
You must have online, long established herb and spice merchants like we do.
No salt, no MSG (you add what you want) chicken, vegetable and beef stock powders are a couple of clicks away. 1/4 jar and I order more not to ever run out.

Of course I can shop with One Hung Low and get a soup stock that has to be nothing but MSG & salt. no kidding. They must have cast iron guts.

I really like Sapporo Chicken Ichiban noodle soup, usually for winter morning. Dull. Blah. I add 1/2 tsp chicken or veg stock powder and a handful of fine dice green onion. Let that steep for a few minutes. I've been known to throw in a handful of frozen peas for a treat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE