SotP Group buy – Norwegian Lavvu tents & stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
Got my tundra 4, Cheers Mr Rimps for collecting it, top man!! :You_Rock_

Whats the correct way to attach the guy lines to the tipi? What purpose do the lower webbing tabs with the two eyelets on the outside do/have?

Cheers all

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
GOT IT!
Thanks Rob.
First impressions, Quality...quality, quality, quality and did i mention that this feels like a quality tent? :D
Well i just took the groundsheet out to the back garden and unravelled it, and kept unravelling it!. This thing is huge and could be mistaken as the group shelter at a meet.
have to wait till tommorrow to put up the lavvu as i'm off to work shortly.
Thing is it barely fits in my garden which isn't small.
Very pleased with the bag and compression straps that allow for bodged putaways :D as so often you have to wrestle getting a tent back in the bag.
Very impressed with the big galvanised pegs. Impressed with the quality guys that are almost identical to good paracord.
Had a close call as the boys said they didn't want to go camping this weekend because it was too cold but they changed their minds so i'll be out in it this weekend.
It's very heavy too, although light for it's size if you see what i mean. When i just unrolled the groundsheet i got a pang of guilt feeling that somehow i had ended up with a 16 man but judjing by the other pics i'm sure it's an 8. Those Danish blokes are pretty big you know ;)
Can't wait for the stove as it will realy make it. I'll let you know how we get on this weekend.

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Hi Folks

I've now heard from most of those I sent tents to so I'm assuming that the method is working OK. PMs will follow when the bill comes in at work for the carriage charges.

STOVES!!!!!

The news yesterday is that Bison expect to be able to ship stoves around the 12th of February. Given that, we can expect them the same week and I hope they will be quick and easy to turn round and ship onwards.

FURTHER SUPPLY

There were a few who missed out on the first buy and others who have seen all the news and are now interested. The upcoming stove pallet will allow a few extra orders to be taken and supplied at the same time. Let me know ASAP.

However, it is also simplicity itself to order direct. Price comparison depends whether HM Gov catch up with your import! :bandit: If they don't, a Tinde 8 (ripstop) & groundsheet is around £40 cheaper than the group buy (duty and VAT paid on import). If they do find you, it's £45 dearer than the group buy.

So, it's your choice. Vidar at Beaver Kanu/Bison Telt is very approachable and speaks very good English. He's also pretty good at replying promptly to emails, again in English.

Direct contact.

Vidar Falck-Muus

+47 9439 8444

vidar@beaver.no

www.beaver.no

Or send me a PM with what you would like and I can price it up for you for delivery in February with the stoves.

Thanks to you lot for being so supportive – this has not been all easy!

Cheers

Jon

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Thanks for the update Jon.
I'll look out for a PM from you soon after the 12 Feb. If all's well I'll collect on the Saturday.

Again, many thanks
Andy

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Please excuse my lack of photographic ability :C

A tad windy and our garden just isn't big enough for this so it was a quick pitch without the cap and flooring but with a very, very happy small person :D

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

:D

Mike

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Took my tundra 8 out at the weekend with the boys.
They were very impressed as was i. Very easy to put up in a random fashion and then a few minutes alteration of pegs and guys. I didn't bother with the guys this time as there was no wind and it's pretty sturdy without them. The thing that bothered me was the tophat though.Why 8 or 9 seperate guys for it?, i think the thing to do in future is leave 3 undone and just tie them off to prevent the mammoth tangle i ended up with. Not a design fault but more over design if there is such a thing. The quarterizing webbing straps which lay on the floor could proove a nuisance when locating a fire or stove but a minor niggle compared with the overal quality to price ratio.

My biggest regret is getting one so big purely from a sitting point of view. I have a lenght of string now ( the same width as the lavvu ) that i use when choosing a site. However there are benefits for a small family with oodles of space.

My youngest got up in the night to answer the call of nature and on his return chose a superman style leap/flight into the center of the lavvu presumably for his own reasons :rolleyes: :) only to land on my sleeping head :eek: :p .
both kids have videoed the lavvu on their mobiles :rolleyes: to report back to their friends on what a cool dad they have. :p .

The 8 man makes an excellent base for a family or superb den for a fistfull of jollied up lifelong buddies, if i had the 4 size i could't imagine buying another tent again ...ever!

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
H Folks

I THINK I've PM'd everyone who was interested in further orders but if not - shout NOW!

Last orders will be early next week with payment required later next week.

I'll have limited connectivity over the weekend but will try and keep up to date.

Cheers

Jon

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Mr_Rimps said:
OK folks here they are.
Sorry to keep you waiting..had to wait for the sun to come up!

4bf51yf.jpg

The Luvva went up without any problems despite no instructions. There are three peg loops connected via a webbing strip
I pegged these out first and put in the pole. It stood up OK, despite a windy afternoon, then I went around the base and put the rest of the pegs in.

440jc53.jpg

He he he ha ha ha ....great!

2w582zq.jpg

Enough room for four and our kit with the added advantage that if the weather's not to good for sitting outside there's room to play inside.
I brought the ground sheet too its a quality pice of kit (not just a cheap tarp) as is the whole thing.

I'm thinking of making some adjustments to the groundsheet to enable it to be put in after the tents up. Also going to add some eyelets.

Now the weather is chilling up nicely I really need a stove ;)

Andy
I am proper convinced now,I don't just want one, I NEED one of these :lmao:

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
I got mine finally.
Not due to Bison, but due to the Belgian customs/posts methods.

It is a Tundra 8.
I set it up on my own. Did need 2 tries as the pegs aren't suitable for my garden.
They get pulled out of the ground too easily. But my garden is loose marsh ground.

Not sure on how to put the top hat on tboh. I intended to pull it up using the ropes.
1 on each side around the tent using the conical shape to get it lifted towards tht top. That worked but I had not enough control to not pull it over the top. I used a stick instead then.

The tent is huge.
Can't take pics at the moment as it is raining ice over here. I will check on water/ice proofness now.

pics : [hide]
01%20(Small).JPG
[/hide]
[hide]
02%20(Small).JPG
[/hide]

bigger pics :http://users.pandora.be/ggfh666/Tent/

ggfh666 said:
I got mine finally.
Not due to Bison, but due to the Belgian customs/posts methods.

It is a Tundra 8.
I set it up on my own. Did need 2 tries as the pegs aren't suitable for my garden.
They get pulled out of the ground too easily. But my garden is loose marsh ground.

Not sure on how to put the top hat on tboh. I intended to pull it up using the ropes.
1 on each side around the tent using the conical shape to get it lifted towards tht top. That worked but I had not enough control to not pull it over the top. I used a stick instead then.

The tent is huge.
Can't take pics at the moment as it is raining ice over here. I will check on water/ice proofness now.

I'd love to see some pictures of this Tundra 8 and a bit of a review as I have also go one that I've not had the time to set up yet :(

Phil.

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Hi Folks

I've just heard from Vidar at Bison that they should be collecting the stoves next week, so we are slipping a week or so from expectation.

They have asked me to pass on their apologies for the delay - the reason for the original lack of stock was a factory move where they get them made and it sounds like a laser cutter didn't survive the move!

I will, of course, keep you all posted.

Last Orders to run through this site will now continue until the weekend!

Cheers

Jon

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
Condensation.

Well the tent has been up during the night. It has been snowing, melting and freezing.
The tent was covered in ice.
I did not put the groundsheet in.
The pole is condensed. If you touch it you feel some wetness. And you can see a thin layer of humidity.
The fabric on the inside feels a little wet. But there is no dripping whatsoever.

If I were to camp in it right now, I would take a stove. Don't like getting up in the cold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE