Sorry I have not posted much recently

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
But none of the many photos copied - and I am too lazy to repost them all individually - and my web conection too poor to post multiples with any real chance of them working before the thing goes PHut!
I will try an edit now .....

John... stop finding excuses you lazy... You've too large a fan base on here to neglect :nono:

Type your reports all out in Word and include the photo links in the body of the report. Save it then every time you want to post it somewhere all you have to do is copy and paste it... how hard is that?

Added bonus to that is you build up a record of all your reports for when you want to do your autobiography :rolleyes:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not sure how it's done John but I've seen folks on both forums simply post a link on one forum to a given thread on the other. nd you don't have to "log in" to either forum just to read the threads.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
In case you haven't noticed Santaman, we're trying to simplify things so that if something is posted here, then it is all here.
If someone posts a link to a video, we ask that the link is active here, and not only offsite.

From a Mod point of view it means that we can see straightaway if the link is 'family friendly'.....trust me on this, they aren't all :sigh: even the most innocuous ones can end up with totally unexpected images displayed :sigh:
I tell you, this Modding business fair opens your eyes (and sometimes makes me wish for brain bleach)

Sorry John, we've rather taken your thread a bit adrift.

cheers,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I recon you are in the employ of evil admins from other forums to get their numbers up, either that or you got tired of the Sporkgate incident. We miss you Mr Frenna and BCUK is the PLACE to be read!

Always enjoy your knowledge and writings Sir.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
In case you haven't noticed Santaman, we're trying to simplify things so that if something is posted here, then it is all here.
If someone posts a link to a video, we ask that the link is active here, and not only offsite.

From a Mod point of view it means that we can see straightaway if the link is 'family friendly'.....trust me on this, they aren't all :sigh: even the most innocuous ones can end up with totally unexpected images displayed :sigh:
I tell you, this Modding business fair opens your eyes (and sometimes makes me wish for brain bleach)

Sorry John, we've rather taken your thread a bit adrift.

cheers,
M

I perfectly agree with your points: But I'm not sure why they're relevant?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Editing the post to include all the photos took over an hour ... that was one weekend and I have about 2 years worth of posts from my BcUSA Bushclass stuff out there... too much backlog to post up again but I will try and do future trips as I write them up...
Note the tarp and Roycraft pack ... developing my Boonie kit as I go!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
17 - 19 May 2013
I arrived at my "Basecamp" Friday morning and got the camp chores done then played with the "one stick fires" for Bushclass Advanced until I was joined by my pal Roly in time for our evening meal.
Sat was spent building steps and another footbridge around "Basecamp" before going for a stroll before our latish evening meal.
Sunday was clean up, pack up and chill with a bit of wildlife spotting thrown into the mix.
getting water, filtering water, steam and smoke after the thunderstorm, rolys pitch - a square tarp as a tipi, building the front steps
View attachment 84137View attachment 84138View attachment 84139View attachment 84140View attachment 84141View attachment 8414217

Lets see if this works.... nah! :(

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
So, a respected forum member comes on and apologises for not posting for a while, and everyone gives him abuse for being so lazy and neglecting us. Admittedly, it was good natured abuse.

Yeah, that'll work. Way to encourage John to post here more often guys. :rolleyes:

John, nice to see you posting again. I reckon logging in to another bushcraft site to see your posts is about as difficult and complex as... oh, let me think of something random... asking someone to post all their trip reports and images twice :)
If people miss you that much it won't be any bother to them.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Harvestman, no one gave him abuse. We quietly reminded him that cut and paste is easy and that most folks here chill out here.

Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So, a respected forum member comes on and apologises for not posting for a while, and everyone gives him abuse for being so lazy and neglecting us. Admittedly, it was good natured abuse.

Yeah, that'll work. Way to encourage John to post here more often guys. :rolleyes:

John, nice to see you posting again. I reckon logging in to another bushcraft site to see your posts is about as difficult and complex as... oh, let me think of something random... asking someone to post all their trip reports and images twice :)
If people miss you that much it won't be any bother to them.

Those giving me the hardest of times are actually what I have come to think of as close personal fiends and dam - I would be worried if they started being nice!
Thanks for fighting my corner though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE