Sorel boot sizing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi all; I'm looking to buy some boots for the Swedish arctic, possibly Sorel Caribou's. Any Sorel winter boot owners out there who can advise me about the sizing of Sorel winter boots, please? Do the published sizes allow for 2 pairs of socks or do I need to go a size larger?
Cheers, Ted

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Hi Ted, My Caribous were a size 9.5 and I usually take a size 9. I found them a little tight so I'd go a full size larger. Sorel's reputation has suffered since the company was sold, many people say that Sorel boots are now fashion items, or at best, apres ski boots.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Thanks, I'D. I'll work with that, if I can find them at the right price! The ones we got issued for the BCUK trip were more the cheap & cheerful type IIRC. What are you using now?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Hi Ted, My Caribous were a size 9.5 and I usually take a size 9. I found them a little tight so I'd go a full size larger. Sorel's reputation has suffered since the company was sold, many people say that Sorel boots are now fashion items, or at best, apres ski boots.

I tried a size 11 Ted and I am a 9and a half.
Far too tight!
Go figure!

Good luck.

Chris.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
It was the width Ted,
With the inner boot on aswell, too tight.
Also I found not enough room in the toe box area.
Mind you, others get on with them!?

C.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi Ted, hope your well :)

I'm very happy in my Baffin Doug Stoups, although I got them for a great price.

I think if I was buying off the peg again, I'd go for a pair of Schnees from the states in the right width. (Lennart had a pair in Bardufoss)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE